Northern Italian Wine Tasting (Syd: 23 May)
Like a giant bowl of tiramisu, the Italian wine world can only be conquered by taking it one layer at a time. And the best way to get to the bottom of all that deliciousness is, obviously, by starting at the top.
Join us for a broad (and bellisimo!) presentation of the wines of Northern Italy: Piedmont, Lombardy, Friuli and the Veneto are where you find Nebbiolo, Barbera, Prosecco, Pinot Grigio and Soave amongst myriad others. And just to sweeten the pot, for the sake of our own sanity, we’re going to include the Sangiovese wines of Tuscany as well. And before the pedants among you fill our inbox with your well-meaning mansplaining let us just remind you of two things. Firstly, Tuscany is not in the South, ergo…
And secondly, the Italians are the champions of breaking the rules so we think it’s quite fitting that we do.
And thirdly, we don’t care what you think. We want to drink Chianti. (Yes we know we said two things…)
Agree or disagree what you don’t want to do is miss it.
What happens at this event?
This is a stand-up wine tasting that runs over the course of two hours, at Osteria Coogee - a casual meeting hub in the heart of Coogee
* You’ll be able to enjoy more than 20 wines from Northern Italy (breathe easy, you can try Southern Italians at another tasting!)
* You’ll be able to access Special ‘Tasting Day’ pricing on wines (all wines tasted can be purchased for home delivery)
* There will be the opportunity to win lucky door prizes, including the chance to score a magnum of wine to take home
Who is this tasting for?
* Wine lovers
* Anyone who enjoys a little day drinking (with a smidge of education on the side)
* Wine beginners
* Wine students
* Those looking to supplement their cellars
Saturday 23 May
2 - 4pm
Tickets $35 (+BF)
Osteria Coogee - 31 Alfreda St, Coogee NSW 2034
This event will sell out so get in early.
All wines tasted will be available for home delivery at specially reduced prices.